Castle Degenfeld Schomburg, set in 20 hectares of thermal salted waters, was originally built in 1484 by Bishop Janos Pruisz. In 1896 it was rebuilt by Countess Emma Degenfeld Schombuy and in 1920 the castle was bought by banker Joseph Pincas, brother-in-law of Prince Ghica. There are four main living quarters including the original castle. Balneotherapy spa 1,954 m2, houses pool and treatment room. The water here is medically certified thermal water at a temperature of 46C. The castle is crossed by Barcau River, water flowing within the castle is from a natural spring within castle grounds. The castle is located in North-West Romania, in Balc, Bihor County, easily accessible by the A3 highway which gives direct access to Bucharest.