Price: 6.500.000 EUROS
The property, which is of great historical value, consists of the Monastery, built on three floors and is set in nine hectares of land spread over three levels, following the gentle slope of the hill.
The building has surface living area of 1189 m2, open terrace 62 m2, attics 132 m2, chapel 25 m2 and 27 m2 crypt.
The building is U-shaped with a loggia on the ground floor and a covered terrace on the first floor, it surrounds the cloister, in which there is a beautiful Italian-style garden.
The first historical traces of this estate can be found in land registry sources dating back to 1534, in which there is talk of a Master s House and another for the workers, along with lands with vineyards, olive groves and woods".
In 1609, the property was donated to the Dominican Monks, who transformed the buildings into a larger, richer dwelling. In the early 19th century during French domination, the monastery was taken from the Dominicans and it then went back to being a private residence.
The ground floor is composed of a large kitchen, dining room, large reception room, two bedrooms, three studies, living room cloakroom, lounge, music room, billiard room, library, two bathrooms and a chapel. There is also a separate apartment with kitchen/living room, three bedrooms and a bathroom.
A portico runs along the whole inner side of the building surrounding the cloister with the Italian-style garden. In the basement there is a large kitchen, a den, several utility rooms and two bathrooms.
On the first floor there is a kitchen, a living room, three bedrooms and a bathroom, an area used completely as the living quarters for the custodians, with three bedrooms, two bathrooms, several attic rooms and a dovecote.
On the entire inner side of the monastery, there is a covered terrace, corresponding to the porch below.
Other features of considerable importance are the chapel, with its precious eighteenth-century decor, the stone fireplace in the large living room and the monastic structure of the ground floor with its bread-baking oven and large sandstone washing-tubs, which are still perfectly preserved
In addition to the beautiful cloister with an Italian-style garden, the property is complemented by nine hectares of woodland and olive groves. The property also includes a crypt.
In just over one hour you can be in Siena, Livorno, Viareggio and the Tyrrhenian coast. The airport of Florence is just 9 km away and that of Pisa is 87 km away.
Click on image to enlarge picture & zoom in
Downloadable Document Attachment:
- Monasterio Fiorentino